- 2 1/4 pound Granny Smith apples, about 6
- 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 stick butter; melted and cooled
- 180 ml milk
- 4 oz flour (you can also use rice flour for a gluten free option)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Preheat the oven to 350F.
Butter a rectangular baking pan with 1 tablespoon of butter.
Peel, core and slice apples very thin with a mandolin. Add the juice of one lemon and mix them up.
Whisk the eggs with the sugar until double its size. Add the vanilla, the butter and the milk.
Mix the flour with the baking powder and add it to the egg mixture. Mix everything together until combined.
Add the apples and mix them very gently.
Por the batter in the prepared pan and bake it for 45 min.
Serve it at room temperature.