- 1 cup all purpose flour plus extra for sprinkling
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 pound (1 sticks) cold butter, diced
- 1 egg beaten
- About 100 ml iced water
- 3 tablespoon apricot preserve
- 4 medium apples (granny smith or golden delicious)
- 1/2 cup sugar
Roll out the dough into a rough rectangle about 11″ by 16″ and transfer it to a baking sheet. Cover the pastry with plastic wrap and allow it to rest in the fridge for 30mins.
Peel the apples and slice themy thin (1/8 inch thick). Spread the apricot preserve in a thin layer on the top of the pastry dough. Arrange the slices in 4 or 5 rows over the pastry like cards in solitaire. Allow it to rest in the fridge until you are ready to bake.
Preheat the oven to 375F. Sprinkle the extra sugar over the apples and then bake the tart for about 45mins or until the pastry is crisp and the apples are soft and golden.Serve immediately in large squares with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.